We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
We are hiring Remote Assistance Advisors to provide vehicular assistance and exemplary customer support before, during, and/or after driverless trips. Candidates should have strong attention to detail along with the ability to adapt on the fly to evolving situations. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. This role will engage on projects in which certain details must be kept confidential.
- Night Shift - (0000 - 0800)
- 5 day work week
- May be required to work both weekend days
- This role requires being on-site at our Phoenix facility
What you'll be doing:
- Troubleshoot technical issues faced by autonomous vehicles and human passengers
- Maintain a helpful and calm composure in simple or difficult situations alike, while always providing first-rate customer support
- Recognize patterns and properly categorize support issues
- Aid our fleet of driverless vehicles in navigating their surroundings
- Write up details of scenarios requiring additional support by engineering team
- Quickly exercise a high degree of good judgment and independence
- Think on your feet and be able to handle situations which you may not have been specifically trained to address
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
What you must have:
- One+ years of direct work experience in a customer-facing role via written and verbal modes of communication
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Uplifting attitude and dedication to work through dynamic situations
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Ability to keep calm and perform well under pressure
- Comfortable and experienced with technology
- Licensed to drive for at least 3 years
- Clean driving record, background check, and drug screen
- Ability to focus on monitoring a vehicle via software tooling
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars and the passenger community that supports them
This position is full-time employment with our contingent workforce partner Aerotek and offer competitive hourly pay, potential bonuses, 401(k), and paid time off.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.