We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Cruise Global Markets Organization:
The Global Markets team is responsible for safely running world-class operations for Cruise's fleets of autonomous vehicles. From driving operating cost savings before our vehicles even hit the factory to managing the complexities of daily AV operations that delight our customers (and everything in between), Global Markets oversees all operations needed to execute our technical and business objectives. Our cross-functional team is composed of operators, engineers, business analysts, and MBAs in multiple cities, and we're always looking for people eager to jump in and help us change the world.
About the role:
We are hiring Remote Assistance Advisors to provide vehicular assistance and exemplary customer support before, during, and/or after driverless trips. Candidates should have strong attention to detail along with the ability to adapt on the fly to evolving situations. Professionalism and sound judgment are required at all times, as well as the ability to work in a team setting. This role will engage on projects in which certain details must be kept confidential.
- Night Shift - (0000 - 0800)
- 5 day work week
- Must be available to work both weekend days
- Troubleshoot technical issues faced by autonomous vehicles and human passengers
- Maintain a helpful and calm composure in simple or difficult situations alike, while always providing first-rate customer support
- Recognize patterns and properly categorize support issues
- Aid our fleet of driverless vehicles in navigating their surroundings
- Write up details of scenarios requiring additional support by engineering team
- Quickly exercise a high degree of good judgment and independence
- Think on your feet and be able to handle situations which you may not have been specifically trained to address
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
- One+ years of direct work experience in a customer-facing role via written and verbal modes of communication
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Uplifting attitude and dedication to work through dynamic situations
- High attention to detail and strong execution skills
- Ability to keep calm and perform well under pressure
- Comfortable and experienced with technology
- Licensed to drive for at least 3 years
- Clean driving record, background check, and drug screen
- Ability to focus on monitoring a vehicle via software tooling
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for driverless cars and the passenger community that supports them
This position is full-time employment with our contingent workforce partner Aerotek and offer competitive hourly pay, potential bonuses, 401(k), and paid time off.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.