Senior Project Manager, New Vehicle Introduction
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The New Vehicle Introduction team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to support the development of new processes to conduct vehicle-level changes to existing and future autonomous vehicles. This includes managing projects from early internal prototype builds to production-line ramp for new vehicles.
Initial scope will include validating integrated systems and its associated components as part of approved engineering changes, and then establishing validation standards, documenting test results and maintaining build records via an internally created tool to ensure both retrofits and production builds meet the highest quality standards.
Longer-term scope will take those initial learnings to create a configuration management and change control process and develop scalable processes for vehicle-level changes.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day activities of multiple projects with cross-functional teams
- Lead and manage vehicle-level retrofits for fleetwide product changes
- Work in partnership with the NVI Technical Program Manager and cross-functional team members to resolve build or configuration issues, yield or downtime impacts, vehicle bring up challenges, or calibration issues
- Assess clear-to-build criteria in advance of resource reallocation (i.e. confirm material availability, tools/jigs/equipment readiness, manpower requirements, etc.)
- Complete build reports to provide transparency and alignment, document all issues and highlight critical concerns requiring escalation, and proactively stay ahead of safety related issues
- Lead cross-functional efforts and align stakeholders on complex vehicle-level issues that could affect hardware, firmware, integration, and/or the vehicle system and drive issue closure
- Prioritize work for the execution team to ensure short and long-term goals and metrics are met
- Work closely with internal teams across Cruise and external partners to define project success criteria and objectives
- Collaborate with fleet operations to drive project prioritization, identify and communicate constraints, and mitigate roadblocks
- Build trusted relationships with team members and stakeholders and keep all relevant stakeholders informed and aligned on team progress & needs
- Create, organize, and continuously update all relevant documentation
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years of technical project management experience at a high-growth technology company
- Strong understanding of configuration management and BOM change management best practice
- Experience developing and/or leading change control processes
- Previous experience collaborating with engineers to manage or execute development programs
- Ability to understand and flawlessly communicate complex technical systems
- Can identify and proactively act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity, and thrives in a scrappy environment
- Able to travel domestically (up to 10%)
- Engineering degree(s), PMP certification
- Have designed and implemented a change control process from the ground up
- Automotive and/or AV industry experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.