We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are seeking a dynamic Systems Test Engineer to support the testing and quality assurance of our autonomous vehicles software planning sub-system as well as system level testing for the entire software stack. You will be responsible for creating tests in various simulation frameworks, reviewing test results to gate merge/release, comparing on-road and simulation results to understand testing gaps, training others on the creation and analysis of tests, and designing new test tools and improvements to existing tools.
An ideal candidate will have experience with systems level testing and validation on products that incorporate hardware and software. In this role you will be responsible for generating test programs and scripts. You will have a direct impact on Cruises’ future products by ensuring elite solutions to demanding test and engineering challenges.
- Release metrics and gating
- Create and validate large test suites to cover our operational domain.
- Repair/replace failing tests. Devise methods to minimize future failures.
- Coordinate effort to triage road failures, use triage results to understand & document the test gaps, and work with Simulation, Systems Engineering, and Data Science to close identified gaps.
- Gate release to on-road testing using test results.
- Work with Safety officer to develop evidence for public safety argument
- Feature development
- Create test strategies and test plans for new features.
- Train users on test creation, execution, and analysis.
- Review all tests that will be used to verify a feature.
- Perform test analysis (including root causing failures) for new features.
- Gate merge using test results and clearly documented analysis.
- Framework improvement
- Create detailed JIRA tickets against existing test frameworks and tools to address bugs and pain points; continually improve our testing capabilities.
- Create design docs for new tools to increase our testing capabilities, working with Simulation, Systems Engineering, Data Science, and Data Analytics teams to ensure alignment. Ensure these tools as implemented meet our needs.
- Prototype test tools for future implementation in the production environment.
- Exhaustively document best practices.
- Train and mentor other Systems Test Engineers.
- Represent Systems Test in cross-functional teams
- 1-3 years of related root cause analysis experience or complex trouble shooting across multidisciplinary systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to convince other organizations to address issues in a timely manner through thorough documentation and presentation.
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Strong foundation in physics, motion control, and kinematics
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Minimum BS degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, math, physics, or other relevant course of study
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.