We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for a talented Hardware in the Loop (HiL) Design and System Integration Engineer to work with our hardware team to bring focus on building an automated test system to accelerate hardware development. In this position you will partner with Embedded Systems, Hardware teams, and Electrical Engineering teams to identify architecture and testing needs. And work with these teams to design, document, build automated test systems and lead the work from start to finish. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how the embedded systems of an autonomous vehicle are tested and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Architect, design, and implement bench infrastructure used in AV technology verification and validation.
- Build, bring up, and maintain bench infrastructure for embedded software development and testing. Troubleshoot, root cause, and document issues.
- Communicate with team members on bench needs and use cases; works with component design engineers to design scalable bench architectures and schematics.
- Work with other team members to create and improve bench test strategy to utilize bench resource and test efficiency.
- Help develop/execute testing hardware and software for in house hardware projects, sensor characterization, calibration and test for the gamut of R&D through mass production hardware
What you must have:
- MS or BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering background
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry.
- Experience with autonomous driving compute systems, sensors and communication protocols. (CAN, LIN, Ethernet) and vehicle E/E architectures.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software component integration, plus troubleshooting complex issues during system integration and bring up.
- Experience building HiL Systems (on both component and system level) from the ground up.
- Experience with Python and embedded Linux systems.
- Experience with electronics systems architecture used in AV technology.
- Experience with setting up HIL benches with NI, dSPACE, or Arduino hardware.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.