We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Machine Learning Platform team builds and supports the essential tools and frameworks for every machine learning engineer at Cruise. Our goal is to greatly accelerate the development cycle of machine learning models across the whole company, empowering machine learning engineers to focus on improving the car’s safety and performance, instead of worrying about their infrastructure. Our scope covers the whole lifecycle of machine learning at Cruise: feature processing, model training and deployment to vehicles. We care about performance, ease of use and reliability of our products. We are driven by the success of our partner teams who rely on our work to build the most advanced driverless cars in the world.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and deploy platforms and tools to support machine learning models training/deployment workflows at Cruise.
- Own technical projects from start to finish and be responsible for major technical decisions and tradeoffs. Effectively participate in team’s planning, code reviews and design discussions.
- Consider the effects of projects across multiple teams and proactively manage conflicts. Work closely with partner teams to ensure they are benefiting from the systems we built.
- Conduct technical interviews with well-calibrated standards and play an essential role in recruiting activities. Effectively onboard and mentor junior engineers and/or interns.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Strong coding in Python
- Expertise in at least one of the following:
- Architecture of distributed systems
- Strong coding in C++
- Building frameworks with high quality lasting APIs
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math or equivalent real-world experience
- Deep learning frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc
- Understanding of parallel ML training, model deployment (e.g., TensorRT conversion)
- Experience building software solutions on cloud infrastructure
- Experience with build systems (Bazel, Buck, Blaze or Cmake)
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge and experience with machine learning algorithms
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.