We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Replay Simulation team. This group takes on-road recorded sensor data and generates scenarios for our virtual world tests. The goal is to accurately predict which code branch/release will generate better on-road driving than others, all without driving the actual miles. In this role, you will leverage big data (gathering, synthesis, and analysis), machine learning, automation, simulation strategies, statistics, and experimentation. If you're looking for on an opportunity with direct impact on the delivery of sensor simulation systems of self-driving vehicles, join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Extend our Simulation Driver architecture that controls our 2D and 3D simulation frameworks: NPC behaviors, path following, scenario parametrization
- Write Technical Design Documents to describe architecture changes
- Create authoring, helper and debugging tools
- Develop test suites (unit, integration, system)
- Partner with System Test Engineers to design and implement new features
What you must have:
- BS in computer science or equivalent real-world experience
- 5+ years of experience writing clean, fast, reliable and highly scalable software
- Proficiency in writing modern production code in Python.
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with RPCs (e.g. gRPC)
- Natural ability to communicate well across teams of developers and other staff
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- 3+ years experience with Unreal Engine 4
- UX experience in Unreal Engine Slate System
- Experience with modern C++
- Experience in Simulations
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.