We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Sensors Simulation team. Help us replicate sensors in our simulated environments to help improve our autonomous performance in the real world.
If you're keen on an opportunity to have a big impact on the delivery of sensor simulation systems that ultimately help Cruise deliver self-driving vehicles that eclipse the capabilities of human drivers, join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Work with our autonomous vehicle hardware and software teams to develop real-time models for replicating real world behavior in our 3D simulation environment
- Set up sensor study to evaluate behaviors of unique sensor configurations and placement
- Help to reproduce real world issues in our simulation to a degree that our AV teams can fix issues in simulations, and those changes are reflected in real life
- Collaborate with a team of talented people pushing towards one goal which making our cars drive better every day
What you must have:
- Proficiency in writing modern C++
- 1 year+ experience with Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar
- Strong 3D math skills
- Experience with Physics engines such as Bullet or PhysX
- Exceptional ability to write clean, fast, reliable, and highly scalable software
- Experience with Python, Lua, or similar
- Natural ability to communicate well across teams of developers and other staff
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contribution is highly visible
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Graphics, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- 2+ years experience with Unreal Engine 4
- UX experience in Unreal Engine Slate System
- Experience with Machine Learning systems
- Experience developing highly detailed raytracer or pathtracer
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- We’re Funded
- We’re Independent
- We’re Vested
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.