We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the team:
The Routing and Remote Assistance team handles planning in urban environments, including intelligent routing, responding to obstacles and dynamic road events, perception augmentation and human intervention scenarios. Our job is to produce robust, general solutions that capture the nuances of driving safely on the road. Engineers on this team develop algorithms and systems for handling complex road scenarios and work to tie robotics to customer facing demands with code that is clean, clear, fast, reliable and scalable.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and develop complex, highly scalable, and latency-optimized software in C++
- Design and develop vehicle path planning algorithms
- Invent, extend, design and develop next-generation features for self-driving car applications
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- Create technical design documents
What you must have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production-quality code in C++
- Comfortable with fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Familiarity with Python
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable, testable, and highly scalable code
- Comfortable leading projects and working closely with other teams
- Experience working in robotics or a similar field
- Experience designing software applications for safety-critical systems
- Expertise in optimization theory or graph solving
- Experience developing real-time systems
- Experience solving problems with computational geometry
- Fluency in Python
- Experience leading projects with 2 to 3 engineers
- Experience writing APIs
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.