We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
Cruise Global Security provides security services throughout Cruise. Cruise’s security management philosophy is to provide intelligence-based and metrics-driven security services and systems that are measured and dynamic.
We are seeking a Global Security Operations Manager to join our team in San Francisco. The role is responsible for protecting people, assets and the operations of all Cruise personnel and facilities. The Global Security Operations Manager will work with other Global Security Operations teams within their area of responsibility. The Global Security Operations Manager is a physical security professional that builds and maintains strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, ensuring consistency of policy, standards and guidance together with effective and efficient security services.
Cruise is looking for a Global Security Operations Manager to help us protect this growing company. In this position, you will build bridges with Global Security Operations, Security, IT and other key teams to keep Cruise people, property, assets, and operations safe & secure.
What you'll be doing:
- Management of the Global Security Services team including 24/7 security services and reception team
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain security programs, policies, procedures, and organizational objectives.
- Ensure compliance with, and development of, policies and standards
- Managing security risks to the organization, analyzing threats, responding to incidents, and continual improvement of security services
- Building partnerships with stakeholders
- Organize security services for internal and external events
- Budgeting, contracting and administration
- Liaison with Federal, State, and Local law enforcement entities.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or ten years of security/law enforcement/military experience
- Experience as a corporate security manager or law enforcement
- Demonstrated Project/Program Management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to the security team mission
- Experience working with high-level individuals in complex, unstructured situations
- Prior experience in organizational coordination, including managing complex internal and external interactions and relationships
- Has a track record of linking plans and operational strategies using project management disciplines and approaches
- Must be able to create and cultivate trust and transparency in all relationships
- Ability to make effective decisions in both routine and crisis situations
- Be a great program manager; willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get into the details of every project
- Be a great communicator and solid project manager, able to effectively prioritize and advance a large number of projects happening simultaneously, often on tight deadlines
- Have already developed vendor relationships that will help the team to be effective as the company grows
- Relevant working experience with global exposure is an added advantage
- Experience from the private sector is preferred
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.