We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Integrated Systems team is looking for an experienced systems engineer who can lead the Integration strategy and requirements specification for embedded systems in the autonomous driving system. This position will be a great opportunity for someone with experience of existing concepts in automotive or other safety-critical applications integration strategy to apply their knowledge to the autonomous vehicle space.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive discussions with SW, embedded, and HW engineering teams to develop the overall integration test strategy for ES projects at Cruise.
- Generate integration requirements for the ES system that ensure functionality, performance and safety when individual components are integrated into the broader system.
- Work with test engineers to create test plans and review test cases to validate system functionality, performance, and safety.
- Work with upstream and downstream stakeholders to identify system needs, and drive alignment.
What you must have:
- 10+ years experience in Systems, Integration, or SW/HW engineering working on safety and time-critical products (automotive, aerospace, industrial, robotics, etc.)
- Specific knowledge of and experience with developing functional systems for these products
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles including requirements analysis, decomposition/allocation and traceability, ConOps development, and top down thinking.
- Strong communicator who can proactively bring cross-functional teams together to get alignment.
- Experience working with embedded SW and HW components including knowledge of common architectures for both.
- Automotive domain knowledge including ECUs, CAN, LIN, UDS, DTCs, DoIP, DoCAN, etc.
- Previous experience working with Autonomous Vehicles.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.