We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise’s Compute and Networking team is responsible for designing compute and networking platforms for Autonomous Cars and the team is looking for a Senior Hardware Design Engineer who has experience and passion to design mission critical compute hardware designs. In this position, you will be working closely with System Architecture, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Mechanical/Thermal, BIOS, BMC, Embedded Systems, Functional Safety (FuSA) & Security experts.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with systems and architecture teams to review the high level requirements for next gen compute systems to derive the fundamental compute processing needs and sub components around the compute to meet said requirements
- Assess the hardware design complexity and write detail specifications guide with any implementation techniques to share with Tier 1/2 design partners
- Design electronic circuits and logic design using standard schematic tools such as Cadence/Altium
- Collaborate with layout engineers for placement study and high speed routing techniques to meet Signal Integrity (SI) constraints and budgets
- Interaction with software stakeholders such as BMC, BIOS & platform software teams to define the diagnostics coverage to meet the functional safety requirements.
- Participate in board bring up activities along with hardware test and validation team members and demonstrate the ability to apply analytical skills for debugging and troubleshooting critical failures.
What you must have:
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- 5 + years of experience designing complex hardware/systems from concept to mass production for data center, automotive, robotic, aerospace industry
- Extensive knowledge in CPU/GPU architectures based on x86/NVIDIA
- Strong knowledge in EE fundamentals and experience designing high reliability and safety critical electronics hardware
- Experience with designs involving high speed interfaces such as DDR, PCIe, Ethernet & low speed interfaces I2C, SPI, UART and CAN
- Experience using bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and thermal/heat chambers
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with heterogeneous computing architecture and designs
- Spacecraft computer designs
- Experience with ASIL B/D based chipsets
- Functional Safety, high availability and reliability systems experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.