We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruise is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to deliver business-critical Security and Physical Security programs. As a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Security team, you will work cross-functionally to deliver solutions that decrease information and physical risks for our future users, employees, and candidates.
In collaboration with Security and Physical Security leads you will be responsible for driving project execution from ideation to production, partnering with leads to define requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. This role is accountable for a large scope of cross-functional work and engaging with a large set of stakeholders and customers. You will manage an array of dependencies and moving parts.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and manage activities for specific technical programs from ideation and planning through production, release, and expansion.
- Contribute cross-functionally to drive program requirements.
- Responsible for the timely and successful delivery of the systems supporting technical products. Assess the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, anticipate bottlenecks and make trade-offs. Track and report on project progress, schedules, risks, and opportunities; proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Work with key stakeholders, including IT, Corporate Real Estate, Facilities and Corporate Security, to drive clarity on requirements
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large, informal teams
- Partner with Manager/Technical leads to define and document requirements and roadmap
- Maintain intimate knowledge of systems, and identify unnecessary complexity or unmet dependencies
- Turn requirements and product specs into implementation roadmaps, including identifying cross-team dependencies and balancing new projects with tech debt or other proactive initiatives
- Collaborate with non-technical teams to integrate requirements, plan for, and execute on dependent work
- Work with Managers and technical leads to calculate capacity and estimate effort for upcoming plans
- Collaborate with Managers and Technical Leads to prioritize projects based on constraints
- Drive planning for your respective Security and business teams
Execution and Delivery
- Run relevant program meetings to manage progress, identify, and address issues
- Attend relevant customer/other meetings to monitor progress, answer questions, and clarify details
- Escalate and coordinate with dependent teams to unblock work
- Drive and create processes for tracking and execution
- Document status updates on progress towards deliverables, including monitoring project health
- Update company planning schedule as needed
- Monitor and flag ongoing risks, and address mitigation
- Validate non-functional requirements have been met, such as latency, performance, scalability, and cost
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years program management experience
- Experience in security, physical security, or IT implementations, such as enterprise access control and network storage systems, and building management systems
- Understanding of complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate in a fast-paced environment under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
Bonus points! (these are nice-to-haves. 3 max)
- Experience in security, physical security, such as enterprise access control and video surveillance systems, security operations systems, and Physical security information management
- Experience in the integration of disparate devices and information systems (video, access control, sensors, analytics, networks, HR systems, building systems, etc.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.