We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Simulation and Test Infrastructure team owns the platforms that facilitate the execution of autonomous vehicle simulation and testing. We efficiently and reliably provide simulation and test execution at scale.The team is responsible for our simulation workload scheduler, which represents a large portion of Cruise’s compute consumption, and optimizing its efficiency.
We are looking for an experienced and highly-technical Engineering Manager to own this team’s roadmap, deliver high-quality and efficient systems, and support the growth and development of engineers on the team.
If you're interested in helping us realize a future of truly driverless vehicles, let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Hiring, coaching, mentoring, and motivating an exceptional team of Software Engineers responsible for mission critical products
- Working with technical lead(s) to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Building systems capable of scheduling the simulation of millions of miles of driving every day, while using resources with optimal efficiency
- Driving software engineering best practices both within your team, and creating tooling which encourages these across the company
- Building and fostering relationships with counterpart engineering teams, developing a strong understanding of their needs from your team’s systems
- Working with your team, leadership, Technical Program Managers, and internal customers to create and execute on a roadmap for your team
- Fostering and driving a healthy, inclusive, and collaborative culture, serving as an embodiment of our values
What you must have:
- 3+ years experience managing teams developing and running production systems
- 5+ years experience in software engineering roles
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent (in lieu of degree, relevant work experience)
- Solid understanding of GCP or AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD workflows, and security best practices
- Deep knowledge of simulation systems, workload schedulers, or test engineering
- Experience working with React
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.