We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Simulation is an incredibly important function at Cruise, accelerating our autonomous vehicle development, testing, and deployment through specialized frameworks and tools. The Simulation and Test Infrastructure team owns the platforms that facilitate the scheduling, execution, and data flow of autonomous vehicle simulation and testing at an extremely high scale.
The team is responsible for the in-house built Hydra workload scheduler, which is the platform for Cruise’s simulations, our build and test pipelines, and other transient workloads. It represents a large portion of Cruise’s compute consumption costs.
We are looking for an experienced and technical Senior Engineering Manager to own this team’s roadmap, deliver and run high-quality and efficient systems, and support the growth and development of the team.
If you're interested in helping us realize a future of truly driverless vehicles, let's chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Be accountable for building and running systems capable of scheduling the simulation of millions of miles driving every day, while using resources with optimal efficiency
- Lead and grow the Simulation & Test Infrastructure teams, coaching your leaders, and recruiting, growing, and developing talent
- Work with your team, stakeholders, product managers, and technical program managers to build, prioritize, and execute against an engineering roadmap
- Building and fostering relationships with leaders of counterpart engineering teams, developing a strong understanding of their needs from your team’s systems
- Work with your teams to anticipate strategic, scale-related, and operational challenges
- Motivating your team, fostering and driving a healthy, inclusive, and collaborative culture, serving as an embodiment of our values
What you must have:
- Experience managing managers, leading organizations developing and running production systems
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams of 20+ engineers, including performance management and career development
- A track record of shipping production-quality software for complex products
- Solid understanding of major public cloud platforms (GCP, AWS or Azure), Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD workflows, and security best practices
- Deep knowledge of compute workload schedulers or complex distributed systems
- Domain expertise in simulation systems or robotics
- Experience developing large-scale systems in Go
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.