We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
Cruise is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer to define systems requirements and specifications for AV Product features on the Cruise Origin.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive system design related to fleet and consumer-facing features in the Cruise Origin
- Translate high-level product behaviors into system or subsystem requirements for engineering implementation
- Work with stakeholders from Product Design, Embedded Software, Hardware, Legal, and Safety teams to close gaps between feature definition and component technical specifications
- Collaborate with our OEM partners at GM and Honda to ensure vehicle components and design meet requirements
- Work with Technical Leads and Product Managers on design decisions and contribute to relevant department design reviews to ensure we continue to raise our technical standards
- Drive requirements reviews on a regular cadence to provide updates and build consensus across teams
What you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering
- 10+ Years of experience leading and launching complex hardware/software projects in the automotive or consumer electronics space
- Experience with driving requirements for HW/SW systems, and managing traceability between program level directives to feature list
- Understanding of safety analysis including (D)FMEAs, fault tree analysis and hazard analysis
- Experience working with test teams in reviewing test plans, and ensuring test results validating the requirements
- Proficient in documenting requirements using off-the-shelf tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills from presentations to senior leadership to authoring requirements
- Experience with in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Experience with rider interaction (touch/ gesture/ voice) systems
- Experience with automotive fleet management systems
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.