We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Internal Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing internal communications strategies and plans that engage, align, and inspire employees with Cruise’s vision, business strategy and culture, and drive employees’ understanding and engagement on company priorities and key initiatives. This role specifically will support our SVP of engineering, Mo Elshenawy and his entire organization (about 70% of Cruisers). The role will be high impact, high influence and high stakes given the criticality of the team to Cruise’s success. This position will also work closely with leaders on internal communication strategies and activities to support key corporate initiatives to advance Cruise’s mission.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications program with specific strategies and action plans to effectively communicate with and influence internal stakeholders.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, Marketing, Product and other functional areas, as well as the rest of the Cruise Communications team, develop and execute strategies that earn employee commitment and engagement in key initiatives for the organization.
- Produce ongoing employee communications in print and/or electronic formats as appropriate.
- Draft messages or talking points from senior executives for internal presentations in a variety of formats.
- Develop communications measurement materials to gauge effectiveness and interest level of internal audiences.
- Create innovative ways to effectively communicate information within the company and motivate employees.
- Participate in crisis communication preparedness activities.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with Cruise branding guidelines in all communications materials.
What you must have:
- 8+ yrs experience in internal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in journalism, public relations, communications, human resources management, marketing or a related field required.
- Experience in a communications team, especially internal communication, for a large, fast-growing organization.
- Experience supporting executives or teams with an engineering, technology and/or innovation focus
- Experience in writing on deadline for a variety of different audiences, editorial work including the planning, development and distribution of communications materials in multiple formats.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.