We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is actively seeking a senior level lead technician for Cruise’s South San Francisco Facility. This individual would lead a team of 4-8 technicians and efficiently allocate technician resources for processes underway in the South San Francisco Facility including but not limited to: new vehicle introduction, vehicle calibration, calibration equipment development, vehicle retrofits and vehicle decommissioning.
- Guided people management with day to day supervisory responsibilities; Managerial leadership beyond standard coaching and feedback to be done in partnership with the team’s manager
- Mentor and train technicians and provide technical guidance on day to day priorities
- Lead projects directly supporting NVI initiatives and pre-release product validation
- Directly contribute to the development and testing of new calibration tooling and procedures
- Track issue progress and assist in identifying & removing roadblocks
- Produce and develop detailed documentation regarding team procedures
- Create reports on progress and issues encountered
- Continuously improve team processes and work procedures, striving for better consistency, quality, and efficiency
- Aid in the issue management process development efforts underway at cruise
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, management, technicians, operators and engineers
- Respond in a timely manner and escalate vehicle safety concerns
- Observe and enforce all safety standards. Drive a culture of safety and risk management
- Train and mentor team members in order to improve how they solve problems
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet long-term goals and key metrics
- Drive a culture of safety at all times and observe and enforce all safety standards.
- Maintain an organized, safe, clean and healthy work environment.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, automotive, marine, robotics, or aerospace industries
- 4+ years experience as a technical people manager or similar management position (AV/EV, automotive preferred)
- Formal education in Engineering Technology or trade school major. BS, AS, technology trade certificate, or work experience equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems
- Command line and software programming experience, preferably Python
- Ability to thrive in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines.
- Proven track record showing a strong background with emphasis on safety, quality of work, and technical aptitude
- Experience with Google suite, JIRA, Confluence, or similar programs preferred
- Willingness to travel: this position is based in San Francisco and may require some travel to Detroit
- Experience with launching new manufacturing equipment
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know. Privacy Statement
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.