We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive high level algorithm and architecture decisions to ensure that we deliver our mission of creating total autonomous characters in simulation
- Deploy scalable and robust software
- Foster the use of validation and measurement to ensure the accuracy of our models
- Use labeled and unlabeled on-road data to model the motion of surrounding vehicles and pedestrians to test vehicle path planning
- Work on data association, clustering, segmentation, filtering, and estimation
- Create unified back end architecture for solving multiple problems
- Build robust, reliable systems to handle common and uncommon situations on the road
- Develop deep understanding of the Prediction and Planning parts of the AV stack
- Balance production and research topics so that we can deploy but still be ahead of the curve for AI
- Contribute to the code and perform code reviews for your peers
- Mentor other engineers to improve the overall team performance
- Meet with internal partners and work with the Engineering manager to balance the roadmap
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE or similar experience
- 8+ years of experience in software development with at least one software product released to the market
- Experience acting as a technical lead/Architect for systems such as Game AI or simulations
- Experience mentoring other team members
- Architecture, design, and development experience, specifically AI architecture for a simulator or game.
- Experience deploying APIs
- Expert programming skills in C++ and Python
- Excellent mathematical and physics reasoning skills
- High level of interest in Game AI, AI development, and simulation
- Working as a game AI developer lead for an open world video game
- PhD in machine learning or computer science or applied mathematics
- Experience with ROS, Navigation, Motion Planning, or Gaming AI
- Experience with end to end Deep learning, specially reinforcement and imitation learning
- Physics based animation knowledge
- Experience with Data warehouses (BigQuery, Redshift, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with using simulated environments
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.