We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to be based within our Cruise Robotics department, working directly with key Engineering leaders, cross functional Engineering partners, and Recruiting. The successful candidate will oversee strategic initiatives, helping to execute against pivotal programs, within tight timeframes. Working as a cross-functional leader, this role will be working with all business units throughout Cruise in documenting procedures, managing programs from inception to launch, and ensuring success of cross collaborative efforts between business units.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day operations processes of key Robotics teams, meeting deadlines, and ensuring that projects are being completed on schedule.
- Successfully follow through on strategy on short and long-term department goals, which will be developed directly with the VP of Robotics.
- Use data to monitor, track, and evaluate KPIs; proactively propose and champion process, tooling, or documentation.
- Communicate across different groups within engineering, operations, legal, vehicles, and support teams to understand needs and align on priorities.
- Work with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation.
- Be the go-to program manager for all things operations related to Robotics, cross functional Engineering partners, and Recruiting
- Identify, refine and develop team goals, and ensure the team is tracking to achieve those goals.
- Communicate priorities, activities, and results to the larger organization, while ensuring deliverables are met. Have a strong pulse and feedback loop on organizational needs.
- Bring your past experiences to the role and will use your unique perspective to help us think creatively about how to approach many of the biggest challenges and opportunities
- Partner with teams to help them execute on important strategic initiatives or drive operational scale and efficiency.
- Lead other scaling projects for Operations that require you to build a data-driven strategy, determine a game plan and operationally execute, understand and resolve organizational alignment challenges, and effectively communicate progress to a broad audience of stakeholders
- Implement scalable initiatives and best practices to ensure a world-class operation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Ability to drive forward solutions in ambiguous situations with limited supervision.
- Ability to evaluate organizational structures and processes and implement measurable improvements through targeted change initiatives.
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally at a fast-growing company.
- Ability to understand and communicate basic technical concepts.
- Organized, structured thinker that can navigate different projects, tools, and stakeholders and communicate status, progress, issues, and changes to diverse audiences.
- Analytical and data-oriented; can create and use KPIs / dashboards to monitor complex operations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate about autonomous technology and its potential impact on the world.
- Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.