We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
In this role, you’ll be working with Infrastructure Engineering teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of technical documentation for our infrastructure services. This content is consumed by engineers across Cruise.
Sometimes you will be responsible for writing the documentation yourself, or editing content contributed by others, but your primary focus is making sure we have the structure, templates, frameworks, and processes in place for documentation to be complete, current, and easy to find.
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating and maintaining documentation on services, systems, APIs, and frameworks, as well as creating templates for, editing, and helping engineers create and maintain this documentation themselves.
- Developing and maintaining a taxonomy for organizing infrastructure documentation within our wiki.
- Collaborating with Infrastructure engineering teams, as well as engineering teams across Cruise to set documentation priorities and understand how documentation will be consumed.
What you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of professional experience.
- Experience creating taxonomies of documentation, and documenting services and APIs.
- Creativity, and an eagerness to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to navigate complex organizations and collaborate with diverse stakeholders on new and ambiguous projects.
- A natural desire to understand how our stakeholders use our services.
- Self-motivation, an attention to detail, and the ability to work independently.
- Expert-level skills with Confluence.
- A background in software engineering or site reliability engineering.
- Experience creating technical illustrations, and knowledge of applications such as Adobe Illustrator.
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.