Technical Program Manager - HW Systems
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
As a Technical Program Manager you will play a critical role coordinating across our sensor and compute architecture, including (but not limited to) lidars, radars, networking, and compute. You will work to identify key challenges faced within hardware, and partner with sensor Technical Program Managers to drive programs that address these challenges from a program-level perspective.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work closely with company leaders and hardware TPMs to create and own program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule & execution plan
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Help manage and drive complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies and handoffs; monitor and help resolve issues
- Define program metrics and KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicate progress effectively across program teams, including to third parties and Cruise leadership
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress & needs
- Create and organize all relevant documentation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in engineering, science, or a related field
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Background in camera or optics
- Ability to understand complex technical systems and programs
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- Experience with large-scale assembly line processes
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SmartSheets
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.