We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Application Security team at Cruise focuses on partnering with groups throughout the company to create and deliver applications and services which are secure. This involves assessment related activities such as code reviews and application assessments, partnership in defining security related requirements and providing input on design proposals, and creating libraries, tools, and practices which scale beyond the team to help our software be secure.
We are especially interested in speaking with candidates that have diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’re solving novel security problems at Cruise; novel perspectives make this easier!
- Lead the long term technical strategy of an engineering focused security team responsible for ensuring our applications and services are developed securely
- Perform architectural review of product designs to perform a threat analysis, identify security risks, and provide recommendations to make our products more secure.
- Incorporate secure code tools, technologies and processes in build pipelines and work with other Security domains on establishment of secure development practices
- Architect and scale solutions and processes around application security to enable higher impact output without scaling headcount
- Communicate security risks and recommendations effectively with technical and non-technical audiences through verbal and written communications that lead to actionable and measurable improvements
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to build the relationships and trust necessary to improve the state of security
- Partner with security teams to deliver a meaningful Secure Development Lifecycle
- Extensive experience in the application security space; especially with web applications and their relevant architectures.
- Experience delivering security programs from inception to delivery
- A broad and practical understanding of security fundamentals
- Experience mentoring diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- An interest in building creative solutions to challenging security problems
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.