We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for someone to support the production of ground truth training datasets in support of autonomous vehicle technology. In this position, you will coordinate with and direct a large, geographically distributed team and collaborate with engineering and product orgs to drive production of high-quality data for computer vision applications. Experience with autonomous vehicles and machine-learning is not required, but intuitive, problem-solving, advanced SQL and the ability to work with diverse stakeholders - both technical and non-technical - is a must.
- Engage in strategic operations and planning to identify problems, measure and improve the quality of training data workflows, and enrich our computer vision technology
- Assist in the training and management of a large contractor team, partnering with onsite and offshore partners
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans and tactical data operations to ensure on-time delivery, within scope and project budget
- Work with data, tools, and utilize reporting techniques to track key performance metrics
- 3+ years in tech, product operations, or consulting-related field(s)
- Ability to grasp engineering concepts to capture requirements and translate them for non-technical audiences
- Strong communication, presentation, and engagement skills across a diverse group of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving stakeholder needs
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguous, often dynamic environments
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Bachelor’s or higher in relevant field
- Soft, skills and sourcing
- Data focus
- Attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter
- Clever problem solving
MBA or graduate education preferred
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.