We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Frameworks Team
Frameworks team is responsible for the middleware that the AV software is built on. The AV Frameworks Team provides
- Products, tools and API that enable AV engineers to write high quality code in C++ & Python
- Tools to measure and maintain code at that quality.
- Userspace API, Memory management, pub/sub patterns
- Thread prioritization, process/thread lifetime management
- Performance tooling and optimization.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with other teams to define the system level architecture and strategies for implementation.
- Initiate large cross team projects with complex architecture, breaking it down to the right logical components and co-ordinate execution of the project with the TPMs/Managers
- Improve and deliver reliable software through requirements generation, design and code reviews, continuous integration, automated testing and issue tracking.
- Work with management to drive the technical direction of the Frameworks Organization
- Mentor junior engineers and be a role model for the team and organization.
- Adopt, drive and encourage best practices within the team and the rest of the organization.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in CS, or equivalent real world experience
- 10+ years of experience writing production-quality software
- Experience with SOA or microservice-based architectures
- Experience building performance critical systems in C++ 11
- Self motivation and passion to lead your teams, and constantly improve
- Experience with modern C++14 / C++17 development
- Experience working with ROS or other robotics frameworks
- Experience with modern infrastructure technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience working on or managing teams writing safety critical software
- Experience with building frameworks / software infrastructure for large scale projects.
- Experience in developing Autonomous Vehicle software.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.