We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is committed to the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road and have built an extraordinary Release team with the resources and backing required to help achieve this. We are in search of a Manager, Release Management for Cruise’s Robotics team. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are released and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Define release management, release tooling and roadmap definition for autonomous systems for Cruise vehicles
- Work side by side with developers to release high quality features with extensive regression testing.
- Hire, mentor, and motivate an exceptional team of Engineers responsible for releasing mission critical products
- Consolidate all releases from from HW to SW to embedded systems
- Create a clear vision for your team with actionable deliverables
- Drive from MVP to production level using a plethora of internal tools and technologies
- Be an outstanding customer for Simulation and testing tool development teams
- Distill complex situations into clear impact assessments, recommendations and presentations to the executive level
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of industry experience in implementing and managing software release solutions
- Comfortable working with HW, SW, Embedded, OPs and all other teams at Cruise
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission critical product development environments
- Data driven decision making ability
- Experience with Github for production code
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in detail oriented release management design and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination education and experience
- Python, bash or scripting experience
- Experience with robotics and CI automation
- Experience with requirement based releases
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.