We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
Cruise is looking for a seasoned Senior Engineering Manager to build and lead a team that will define hardware systems, subsystem, component, and sub-component level requirements, lead complex systems analyses, and develop validation strategies for sensor suites as part of continuous improvement on current and for next generation autonomous vehicles. This will include developments across multiple sensor, compute, and module topologies and technologies.
In this position, you will work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to develop an industry leading systems engineering strategy for autonomous vehicles including embedded systems, perception, hardware, OEM partners, and our executive team. Our ideal candidate will have experience leading and mentoring senior engineers as well as managers.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you'll be doing:
- Create, manage and trace testable requirements
- Build industry leading systems engineering team
- Develop validation strategies and manage execution
- Work with engineers, technical program managers, and data services to define outcome metrics and develop prognostics
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
What you should have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Automotive Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace, Electrical or another relevant engineering field
- 10+ years of professional post-graduate experience
- 10+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- Previous experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with sensor hardware in a design, integration and testing, such as optical imaging systems, lidars, radars, or similar
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system requirements for sensor evaluation and characterization
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Familiar with implementation of Functional Safety and ASIL implementation
- Expertise in ADAS development at OEM or Tier-1 supplier
- Expertise in robotics, or autonomous vehicles
- Expertise in automotive ECU, hardware components, embedded software, or automotive communication protocols (i.e. CAN, automotive Ethernet)
- Skilled in cross-functional team communication; scrum and agile techniques
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.