We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
As the Senior Lead AV Product Manager (Technical), you and your team of Product Managers will work closely with our AI and Robotics engineering leaders to shape and execute the Cruise AV product plan. This includes defining our portfolio of products and initiatives, allocating resources to achieve our vision, and implementing novel workflows to increase team productivity.
Cruise AV engineering is responsible for building the end to end autonomous vehicle software from perception and localization to robotics. This role will help accelerate the development of our autonomous vehicle (AV) software by driving the vision, strategy and roadmap that enables AV software engineers to build the world’s most advanced driverless car.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and grow a team of 20+ AV Product Managers
- Establish a shared product vision and strategy for the Cruise AV, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and expected and unmet customer needs
- Develop and execute an impact-driven product roadmap in close collaboration with technical customers, engineering, end users and senior leadership
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders across engineering, operations, AV integrity, and technical program management
- Develop the product analytics necessary to define and prioritize projects and initiatives
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions clearly across a wide spectrum of audiences from internal customers to executives
- Exemplify best-in-class product development and management practices in everything you touch
What you must have:
- Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills
- 10+ years of product management experience delivering highly impactful and innovative products at scale
- 5+ years managing teams in product development
- Experience formulating and driving a principled product vision, and owning the narrative with leadership and key stakeholders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- A natural ability to make things happen around you: a bias to action, never hesitant to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Experience leading product development from zero to first release and beyond
- A master disambiguator, bringing simplicity and measurable results to complex, ambiguous situations in fast-moving environments
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously, with a career path that demonstrates increasing levels of responsibility
- Deep understanding and empathy for users
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in fields related to the product area (e.g.deep learning, robotics, autonomous vehicles)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.