We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people with the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a talented Senior Reliability Test Engineer to design and develop test and validation programs to support our Hardware development teams. In this position you will partner with Mechanical, Electrical, and Reliability Engineers to identify testing needs, design tests that challenge our products, develop test methods and the equipment needed to execute them, and work closely with technicians and outside providers to execute tests and analyze data for the team. If you’re interested in breaking really cool things, let’s chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Contributing to DFMEAs and identifying testing and validation needs for new designs
- Own test preparation, including: conducting test design reviews and test readiness reviews
- Authoring test methods
- Specifying and sourcing test instrumentation
- Working with technicians to set up and run tests
- Collaborating with cross functional development teams to build testability into designs
- Analyzing test data and recommending design changes or further testing
- Documenting and distributing test results with recommendations for improvements/next steps
- Own root causing of failures and driving their resolution
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with test engineering in automotive, consumer electronics, or aerospace industry
- Expertise in designing fixtures and tools in SolidWorks
- You are well-organized and well-versed in project management best practices
- Background in thermal and or mechanical test to assess component reliability
- Experience with thermal and structural FEA techniques
- Proficiency in materials science, thermodynamics, or fluid dynamics
- Experience with LabView/Python/C/C++