We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The FPGA / SoC team is responsible for all FPGA development at Cruise, as well as the low level software that interfaces to it. As a Hardware / Software Co-Design Engineer, you’ll work with sensor interfacing, signal processing and high-speed data movement for our current and next generation of autonomous vehicles. You’ll work on the latest generation of FPGA / SoC silicon across both sides of the hardware / software boundary, enabling us to fully optimize our systems for each application.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop high-performance digital logic for data movement, I/O interfacing, networking and embedded signal processing
- Develop high-performance HW interfacing software (drivers, libraries, etc) for FPGA / SoC platforms
- Optimize algorithms across the HW and SW boundary
- Architect our next generation of FPGA and SoC-based systems from concept to production
- Collaborate with colleagues across multiple teams and mentor other developers
- Deliver complex projects through incremental develop
What you must have:
- 5+ years of experience in software and/or digital logic design
- Experience with Verilog or System Verilog
- Experience with C or C++ for hardware interfacing
- Experience interfacing FPGAs with one or more of the following: PCIe, AXI3/4, JESD204B, Ethernet, Camera Link, MIPI CSI-2
- Experience with FPGAs in one or more of the following application areas: LIDAR, RADAR, image-processing, high-speed signal processing, networking, data movement
- Experience with HDL simulators for IP and system level testing
- Knowledge of and experience applying software best practices
- Experience with Linux kernel or other RTOS driver development
- Experience with machine learning / AI on FPGAs
- Experience with FPGAs in high-reliability applications
- Experience with system level testing of SoC FPGAs
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.