We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The mission of the Infrastructure Decision Support(IDS) team is to provide input into company-wide infrastructure strategy, advise on key decisions affecting budget, provide capacity planning and performance consultative expertise to various Cruise-wide stakeholders in engineering and finance. As an early member of this team, you would be required to work with engineering teams to ensure optimal operation and growth of our infrastructure from both a cost and technology perspective.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop self-service tools and processes to enable Cruise engineers to understand their capacity, efficiency, and costs
- Design, develop, and lead necessary automation to help capacity plan for both near and long term outcomes
- Put in place governance and a workflow to help manage additional capacity request approvals
- Investigate new capacity requests to ensure the best use of resources and that instances are sized appropriately
- Proactively identify infrastructure inefficiency opportunities, document proposal and be a key contributor in driving a positive outcome
- Serve as an advisor to engineering and finance functions and executive team for one of the largest areas of expenditure
- Work closely with TPMs on special efficiency projects and help deliver committed outcomes
What you must have:
- 3+ years experience in capacity or performance engineering
- 5+ years experience in a technical role
- Intermediate knowledge of various public cloud providers
- Experience with data modeling for public cloud
- Experience with budgeting and capacity planning experience
- Experience in scripting and building automation tools
- Self-disciplined and thrives in fast paced environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience with Looker and JIRA
- Expert application performance experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.