We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
Cruise is looking for a Functional Safety Hardware Engineer to help us derive and drive Functional Safety Requirements and implementations at system levels including (but not limited to) telematics, acoustics, and infotainment systems.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you'll be doing:
- Derive Functional Safety requirements and implementations at system levels
- Analyze communication network, compute architecture, and telematics connections for single point faults, latent faults, etc.
- Develop and drive Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), FIT, FMEDA, FMEA
- Conduct and participate in system, feature and component safety analyses
- Collaborate with hardware Systems Engineers to design architecture that complies with safety and integrity goals
- Partner with hardware teams to drive changes and tests related for safety for our in-house developed as well as externally sourced components
- Lead technical discussions on safety across cross-functional teams and relevant stakeholders
What you must have:
- Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or other STEM field
- 10+ years experience in systems engineering for safety critical systems
- Experience designing systems in compliance with ISO26262
- Experience reviewing systems design for architecture supporting distributed computing and sensing
- Experience with safety analysis including (D)FMEAs, fault tree analysis, and hazard analysis
- Experience with ASIL decomposition
- Have a track record of supporting safety analysis throughout the lifecycle from product concept through field issues.
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills
- Experience in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS, JAMA, Rhapsody, etc.
- Experience working for automakers and/or Tier 1 suppliers
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.