We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to help bring-up and test our next generation vehicles and sensors as well as contribute positively to our testing culture by developing sustainable and scalable test processes and methods. In this position, you will work on a multidisciplinary team and work directly with various stakeholders in order to gather test requirements to complete robust and thorough testing on fast-paced timelines. You will need an aptitude to learn what your immediate responsibilities are as well as how they tie into broader team and company goals.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: component and sensor testing, component removal/installation, hardware module assembly, root cause analysis, fabrication and modification
- Produce and develop detailed documentation for all test and maintenance procedures and team processes
- Manage and run version controlled test software
- Design, build, and set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use
- Gather project requirements from team stakeholders and deliver robust test results
- Support off-site testing as needed
- Observe all safety standards and maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly
What you must have:
- 6+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, aerospace, or similar industry/industries
- Familiarity with hardware test equipment; environmental chambers, materials testing (Instron), and HALT/vibe equipment
- Experience with the application of test sensors; thermal, torque, flow, force (strain/load)
- Ability to proficiently read and interpret test instructions, mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and network diagrams
- Knowledge in use of standard electronics lab tools including multimeters, oscilloscopes, AC/DC power supplies, etc
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- Current driver's license with a good standing driver record
- Experience and/or knowledge with any of the following: Labview, GitHub, MATLAB, Python, C++, ROS, JIRA, and/or Confluence experience
- Skilled in CAD and prototype part design (SolidWorks or similar)
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.