We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to help bring-up and test our next generation vehicles and sensors as well as contribute positively to our testing culture by developing sustainable and scalable test processes and methods. In this position, you will work on a multidisciplinary team and work directly with various stakeholders in order to gather test requirements to complete robust and thorough testing on fast-paced timelines. You will need an aptitude to learn what your immediate responsibilities are as well as how they tie into broader team and company goals.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform complex electro-mechanical functions and activities: component and sensor testing, component removal/installation, hardware module assembly, root cause analysis, fabrication and modification
- Produce and develop detailed documentation for all test and maintenance procedures and team processes
- Manage and run version controlled test software
- Design, build, and set up equipment and test fixtures; prepare and conduct tests; operate and maintain equipment used for testing, for both engineering and AV use
- Gather project requirements from team stakeholders and deliver robust test results
- Support off-site testing as needed
- Observe all safety standards and maintain a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment.
- Follow operating instructions, use protective equipment when required, and use equipment and materials properly
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 6+ years technical experience in electro-mechanical, computer, automotive, marine electronics, robotics, aerospace, or similar industry/industries
- Familiarity with hardware test equipment; environmental chambers, materials testing (Instron), and HALT/vibe equipment
- Experience with the application of test sensors; thermal, torque, flow, force (strain/load)
- Ability to proficiently read and interpret test instructions, mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, and network diagrams
- Knowledge in use of standard electronics lab tools including multimeters, oscilloscopes, AC/DC power supplies, etc
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Ability to work in a cooperative, rapidly changing team setting with aggressive goals and challenging timelines
- Strong work ethic, quality workmanship, and team oriented
- Current driver's license with a good standing driver record
- Experience and/or knowledge with any of the following: Labview, GitHub, MATLAB, Python, C++, ROS, JIRA, and/or Confluence experience
- Skilled in CAD and prototype part design (SolidWorks or similar)
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.