We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We're looking for a Systems Engineer to perform analysis of vehicle performance data impacting requirements for self-driving vehicle controls, interface with engineering on implementation details and influence test and validation activities. As a Systems Engineer on the Autonomous Vehicle Integrity team at Cruise, you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
Cruise is looking for a Systems Engineer - Controls Analyst to perform analysis of vehicle performance data impacting requirements for self-driving vehicle controls, interface with engineering on implementation details and influence test and validation activities.
In this position, you will you’ll have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and AV technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in using data to influence future programs and decisions for Cruise autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
- Perform analysis of AV data to characterize vehicle systems performance and influence systems engineering requirements development.
- Conduct end to end analysis including data gathering requirements specifications, non-routine problem analysis, presentations etc.
- Develop methods to analyze and compare impacts of SW changes on vehicle controls performance and influence acceptance criteria and metrics
- Translating data and analysis into actionable recommendations
- Work with engineers and data scientists to define outcome metrics and success criteria
- Work with GM and vehicle engineering teams to identify, define, and influence vehicle actuator performance requirements
- Measure and report product performance through metrics and dashboard development
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or other related disciplines
- You have experience developing engineering systems in MATLAB or C++
- You enjoy working with data visualization tools
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- You have a strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with automotive chassis controls and vehicle dynamics
- Experience with ADAS development at OEM or Tier-1 supplier
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex software systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.