We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Our AV Modules hardware team develops the telematics, sensor data processing, and user interface modules that enable autonomous driving. You will be involved in the entire development lifecycle; define the tests and ensure coverage at the start to verify performance of any change requests during mass production. This role requires a self-starter that not only has mastery of electrical testing, but also scripting and coding skills, hands-on with fixtures and cabling, and excellent test plan and reporting documentation skills.
- Review requirements and participate in schematic and layout reviews in order to ensure interface exposure and develop the test plan and ensure test coverage
- Design test fixtures, adapters, and cables to enable testing with a focus towards compatibility across products
- Develop scripts and/or firmware to automate testing and measurement of hardware interfaces
- Partner with the board design engineers during bring-up to ensure smooth transition into verification
- Collaborate with Signal Integrity and Power Integrity teams on performance verification
- Document test plans/results, analyze data, and communicate results with the team and various stakeholders
- Define and continually improve the Electrical Verification processes
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- AS or BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 5+ years of printed circuit board verification test experience
- Board level verification and characterization experience for digital interfaces; 1G/10G Ethernet, FPD Link, DDR3/4, I2C, SPI, UART, as well as switching & linear regulators
- Scripting and low-level bring-up firmware to automate data collection and control ATE/Test fixtures (Python, LabVIEW, VBA, C++, etc)
- Strong data analysis and concise documentation and communication skills
- Expert using bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, VNA’s, and environmental chambers
- Automotive or Networking industry experience
- Experience with design and build of test harnesses and/or connector breakout boards
- Experience working on small teams on multiple products and defining the process
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.