We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Our AV Modules hardware team develops the telematics, sensor data processing, and user interface modules that enable autonomous driving. You will be involved in the entire development lifecycle; define the tests and ensure coverage at the start to verify performance of any change requests during mass production. This role requires a self-starter that not only has mastery of electrical testing, but also scripting and coding skills, hands-on with fixtures and cabling, and excellent test plan and reporting documentation skills.
What you'll be doing:
- Review requirements and participate in schematic and layout reviews in order to ensure interface exposure and develop the test plan and ensure test coverage
- Design test fixtures, adapters, and cables to enable testing with a focus towards compatibility across products
- Develop scripts and/or firmware to automate testing and measurement of hardware interfaces
- Partner with the board design engineers during bring-up to ensure smooth transition into verification
- Collaborate with Signal Integrity and Power Integrity teams on performance verification
- Document test plans/results, analyze data, and communicate results with the team and various stakeholders
- Define and continually improve the Electrical Verification processes
What you must have:
- AS or BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
- 5+ years of printed circuit board verification test experience
- Board level verification and characterization experience for digital interfaces; 1G/10G Ethernet, FPD Link, DDR3/4, I2C, SPI, UART, as well as switching & linear regulators
- Scripting and low-level bring-up firmware to automate data collection and control ATE/Test fixtures (Python, LabVIEW, VBA, C++, etc)
- Strong data analysis and concise documentation and communication skills
- Expert using bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, VNA’s, and environmental chambers
- Automotive or Networking industry experience
- Experience with design and build of test harnesses and/or connector breakout boards
- Experience working on small teams on multiple products and defining the process
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.