We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Government Affairs Organization:
The Government Affairs team works closely with civic leaders at all levels of government (local, state, federal, and international) to develop public policy solutions for the safe testing and deployment of self-driving vehicles. As a well-seasoned, collaborative, and highly respected team, we work to engage and inform policymakers, public safety officials, community leaders, academia, and the general public about self-driving technology and its enormous potential benefits to society. Our team serves as the primary liaison and external-facing entity at Cruise, representing the company at anything from local neighborhood associations to international governing bodies.
About The Role
Cruise is looking for a self-starting, collaborative, and detail-oriented Public Affairs Manager to join our rapidly-growing Government Affairs team. In this role, you will serve as the company’s key representative in CA, with a particular emphasis on San Francisco, to help introduce our self-driving vehicles to key audiences in the State and city. You will build, cultivate and leverage relationships with key stakeholders and influencers, and mobilize communities in support of Cruise objectives. This position is ideal for someone with relevant political or issue advocacy experience who thrives in a fast-paced and ever changing environment. This person will report to the Director of Public Affairs.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Outreach, relationship cultivation and education of identified stakeholders, coalitions, and strategic partners in San Francisco and other relevant CA markets
- Identify opportunities as well as challenges that may require Cruise involvement
- Mapping and tracking of stakeholders and influencers (think tanks, universities, scholars, commentators, trade associations, coalitions, neighborhood groups, etc.) relevant to the business
- Create and inform public narratives around self-driving vehicles and promote value propositions that appeal to elected officials and community stakeholders
- Assist in developing and implementing comprehensive, results-driven public policy campaigns supporting broader Government Affairs objectives
- Develop written products such as presentations, blog posts, op-eds or other collateral for use with external audiences;
- Identify and capture opportunities to position Cruise as a policy thought leader;
- Project management and coordination of cross-functional teams internally
- Represent Cruise publicly at local events, with community groups, on expert panels, and at conferences as appropriate and required
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant campaign, public policy, government/public affairs or political communications experience
- Background in advocating for a candidate, cause, or issue.
- Political campaign experience a significant plus
- Demonstrated experience in project management, leading initiatives that require collaborating across internal and external teams
- Proven experience recruiting, developing, and leveraging third party coalitions with diverse interests
- Skilled writer with experience distilling complex technical, regulatory, and legislative subject matter into compelling and persuasive content
- Enjoys a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with the ability to meet tight deadlines, pivot, exercise good judgement and maintain confidentiality
- Emerging technology and transportation enthusiast; prior industry experience is a bonus
- Team player with a collaborative attitude
- Eagerness to learn
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.