We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Working with developers, systems engineers and product managers to create test plans, automated test cases, and tools for requirements verification and product validation
- Designing creative test cases to verify, stress test, and break software running on the actual hardware
- Finding, characterizing, and managing issues through resolution on hardware and in embedded software
- Converting manual test cases to Python test cases on in-house test automation framework
- Writing internal tools to help other developers and testers use the product
- Communicating results to product owners and internal customers
- Writing tools to post-process data from test automation and other tools as needed to support development
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years' experience in test automation on embedded systems
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field
- Outstanding communication skills with team members
- Outstanding written skills to define and document test system
- Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework), Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience in writing and executing verification plans for medical devices, aviation, automotive, or other safety critical applications
- GitHub and git experience
- Experience developing in C, C++
Perks of being a Cruiser.
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.