We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people with the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a seasoned Systems Engineering Manager to build and lead a team that will define hardware system, subsystem, component, and sub-component level requirements, lead complex systems analyses, and develop validation strategies for sensor suites as part of continuous improvement on current and for next generation autonomous vehicles.
In this position, you will work with multiple stakeholders across the enterprise to develop an industry leading systems engineering strategy for autonomous vehicles including embedded systems, perception, hardware, OEM partners, and our executive team. Our ideal candidate will have experience leading and mentoring senior engineers as well as managers.
If you're interested in building a world-class Sensor Systems Engineering team, apply today!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Create, manage and trace testable requirements
- Build industry leading systems engineering team
- Develop validation strategies and manage execution
- Work with engineers, technical program managers, and data services to define outcome metrics and develop prognostics
- Communicate across teams and outside agencies about team progress & needs
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Automotive Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace, Electrical or another relevant engineering field
- 10+ years of professional post-graduate experience
- 6+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company
- Previous experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with sensor hardware in a design, integration and testing, such as optical imaging systems, lidars, radars, or similar
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system requirements for sensor evaluation and characterization
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Familiar with implementation of Functional Safety and ASIL implementation
- Expertise in ADAS development at OEM or Tier-1 supplier
- Expertise in robotics, or autonomous vehicles
- Expertise in automotive ECU, hardware components, embedded software, or automotive communication protocols (i.e. CAN, automotive Ethernet)
- Skilled in cross-functional team communication; scrum and agile techniques
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.