We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for an electromagnetic compliance engineer to design and test autonomous vehicle hardware components. A successful candidate will have solid EMC design and test expertise, preferably in automotive and/or wireless communication industries. This role resides in the AV Hardware team, which is responsible for delivering all the custom components that enable autonomous driving. This role is involved through the entire lifecycle, from system architecture, design, debug, and formal compliance testing.
If you're interested in delivering an exciting product that will change the world, let's chat!
- Develop EMI/EMC modeling methods to assess and improve designs for decreased emission reduction and increased immunity
- Collaborate with electrical design team to design and review schematics, ensuring standardization and best practices for filters, common mode chokes, decoupling, ESD protection, and grounding strategy
- Collaborate with PCB layout and mechanical packaging teams to ensure best practices including routing, power planes, ground planes, vias, component placement, VRM EM emission control, shielding
- Collaborate with vehicle team and suppliers to propose and review vehicle level cable harnesses and grounding schemes
- Specify equipment and maintain in-house lab as well as liaison with third-party labs to conduct EMC and ESD testing
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of EMC engineering experience on PCBs, connectors, and cables
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with EMI/EMC debugging and test standards
- Strong Electromagnetic (EM) theory basics; understands signal integrity basics
- Experience in GPS, cellular, bluetooth and WIFI coexist testing
- Experience with RF lab equipment for device characterization and component/system performance validation; CMW, channel emulators, signal generators, network analyzers, signal analyzers
- Expertise with automotive EMC design and test; CISPR25, ISO 11452, ISO10605, GMW3097
- Expertise with wireless communication compliance; LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Expertise with CST or HFSS and ADS
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.