We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are looking for an electromagnetic compliance engineer to design and test autonomous vehicle hardware components. A successful candidate will have solid EMC design and test expertise, preferably in automotive and/or wireless communication industries. This role resides in the AV Hardware team, which is responsible for delivering all the custom components that enable autonomous driving. This role is involved through the entire lifecycle, from system architecture, design, debug, and formal compliance testing.
If you're interested in delivering an exciting product that will change the world, let's chat!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop EMI/EMC modeling methods to assess and improve designs for decreased emission reduction and increased immunity
- Collaborate with electrical design team to design and review schematics, ensuring standardization and best practices for filters, common mode chokes, decoupling, ESD protection, and grounding strategy
- Collaborate with PCB layout and mechanical packaging teams to ensure best practices including routing, power planes, ground planes, vias, component placement, VRM EM emission control, shielding
- Collaborate with vehicle team and suppliers to propose and review vehicle level cable harnesses and grounding schemes
- Specify equipment and maintain in-house lab as well as liaison with third-party labs to conduct EMC and ESD testing
What you must have:
- Five years of EMC engineering experience on PCBs, connectors, and cables
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with EMI/EMC debugging and test standards
- Strong Electromagnetic (EM) theory basics; understands signal integrity basics
- Experience in GPS, cellular, bluetooth and WIFI coexist testing
- Experience with RF lab equipment for device characterization and component/system performance validation; CMW, channel emulators, signal generators, network analyzers, signal analyzers
- Expertise with automotive EMC design and test; CISPR25, ISO 11452, ISO10605, GMW3097
- Expertise with wireless communication compliance; LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Expertise with CST or HFSS and ADS
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.