We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Fleet Reliability Data Analyst to join the Autonomous Vehicle Development Team. This role will be expected to support the Vehicle Development team in creating a world-class program to mitigate risks associated with vehicle issues. This person will build tools and processes to support the identification of new issues, categorize and triage issues as they are reported, and follow up relentlessly as we drive issues to closure.
This role will also be responsible for performing hands-on problem solving alongside your team, becoming the domain expert and go-to person for all things related to autonomous vehicle issue management.
- Help shape the vision for developing tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; work with cross-functional teams to build and automate tools
- Build tools to automate the issue capture and reporting process
- Build data pipelines to enable retrieving, analyzing and reporting fleet data
- Develop interactive dashboards that can provide meaningful insights and actionable recommendations to end users
- Perform statistical analysis of fleet data to quantify risk and drive decision making
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet goals and metrics. Actively monitor open issues across the fleet
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, management, technicians, operators and engineers
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
- 5+ years of experience in automotive, marine, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of Python including pandas, numpy and scipy
- Experience in data visualization techniques
- General knowledge of statistics
- Strong intuition regarding prioritization and escalation of issues
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite
- Passion for autonomous technology and growing and mentoring teams
- Advanced degree
- Previous experience in reliability statistics
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Atlassian Software
Perks of being a Cruiser
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.