We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We’re looking for a Senior Fleet Reliability Data Analyst to join the Autonomous Vehicle Development Team. This role will be expected to support the Vehicle Development team in creating a world-class program to mitigate risks associated with vehicle issues. This person will build tools and processes to support the identification of new issues, categorize and triage issues as they are reported, and follow up relentlessly as we drive issues to closure.
This role will also be responsible for performing hands-on problem solving alongside your team, becoming the domain expert and go-to person for all things related to autonomous vehicle issue management.
What you'll be doing:
- Help shape the vision for developing tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues; work with cross-functional teams to build and automate tools
- Build tools to automate the issue capture and reporting process
- Build data pipelines to enable retrieving, analyzing and reporting fleet data
- Develop interactive dashboards that can provide meaningful insights and actionable recommendations to end users
- Perform statistical analysis of fleet data to quantify risk and drive decision making
- Balance resources and prioritize work for the team to meet goals and metrics. Actively monitor open issues across the fleet
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, management, technicians, operators and engineers
- Drive a culture of safety at all times
What you must have:
- 5+ years of experience in automotive, marine, robotics, or aerospace industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related field
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Advanced knowledge of Python including pandas, numpy and scipy
- Experience in data visualization techniques
- General knowledge of statistics
- Strong intuition regarding prioritization and escalation of issues
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to manage multi-functional tasks
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt easily to change
- Self-starter with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite
- Passion for autonomous technology and growing and mentoring teams
- Advanced degree
- Previous experience in reliability statistics
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Atlassian Software
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.