We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Power Engineer to help us support the AV Module team with their power design and layout implementations.
In this position, you will work directly with component owners to understand and develop a highly optimized solution for their needs. This will include owning the power for each individual module and supporting bring-up and integration from conception through production.
If you're interested in learning in designing high integrity power for automotive applications, enjoy being hands on in the lab, and solving some of the biggest power challenges in the industry, let's chat!
What you'll be doing:
- Schematic capture and design of dc-dc regulators, input protection, and analog circuitry with a focus on optimization between cost, performance, and efficiency
- Power documentation creation such as system power tree & budgets, simulation files, efficiency reports, power loss, power maps, trade-off studies, design & thermal specifications & reports, and excel design tools
- Assist component owners in board bring-up and power debug in the lab. Identify root cause of power related failures and communicating a solution with the appropriate teams
- Interface with cross-functional teams to develop safe solutions and implementations for harnessing and connectors
- Ownership of board level power across the AV Modules team including all necessary power documentation, vendor interfacing, testing, safety cases, and simulations
- Mentor & develop junior level power engineers
What you must have:
- 5+ years of power electronics design & testing experience with 3+ years directly supporting board level power electronics design & layout cross functionally
- Strong experience in PCB design driven by PDN, PCB manufacturing, reliability, and system level distribution
- Strong power electronics/analog circuit fundamentals, board bring-up, and debug skills
- Experience in designing input and output filters for noise reduction & EMI improvement
- Experience using design tools & simulation software to design, validate, and debug board level issues
- Ability to solder and rework existing boards safely with a high attention to detail and test process
- Experience developing with the Altium design suite
- Experience in shipping automotive and/or high reliability products from conception to market with exposure to various automotive safety standards (GMW3172, ISO26262, ISO7637, etc)
- System level experience with exposure to power distribution, cabling, interconnect, and protection
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.