We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Power Engineer to help us support the AV Module team with their power design and layout implementations.
In this position, you will work directly with component owners to understand and develop a highly optimized solution for their needs. This will include owning the power for each individual module and supporting bring-up and integration from conception through production.
If you're interested in learning in designing high integrity power for automotive applications, enjoy being hands on in the lab, and solving some of the biggest power challenges in the industry, let's chat!
- Schematic capture and design of dc-dc regulators, input protection, and analog circuitry with a focus on optimization between cost, performance, and efficiency
- Power documentation creation such as system power tree & budgets, simulation files, efficiency reports, power loss, power maps, trade-off studies, design & thermal specifications & reports, and excel design tools
- Assist component owners in board bring-up and power debug in the lab. Identify root cause of power related failures and communicating a solution with the appropriate teams
- Interface with cross-functional teams to develop safe solutions and implementations for harnessing and connectors
- Ownership of board level power across the AV Modules team including all necessary power documentation, vendor interfacing, testing, safety cases, and simulations
- Mentor & develop junior level power engineers
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5+ years of power electronics design & testing experience with 3+ years directly supporting board level power electronics design & layout cross functionally
- Strong experience in PCB design driven by PDN, PCB manufacturing, reliability, and system level distribution
- Strong power electronics/analog circuit fundamentals, board bring-up, and debug skills
- Experience in designing input and output filters for noise reduction & EMI improvement
- Experience using design tools & simulation software to design, validate, and debug board level issues
- Ability to solder and rework existing boards safely with a high attention to detail and test process
- Experience developing with the Altium design suite
- Experience in shipping automotive and/or high reliability products from conception to market with exposure to various automotive safety standards (GMW3172, ISO26262, ISO7637, etc)
- System level experience with exposure to power distribution, cabling, interconnect, and protection
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.