We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a world-class Manufacturing and Test Manager to help us develop cutting edge hardware that will power our next generation vehicles. At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be the technical lead or designing hardware day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position, you will lead a team that will work with engineering design, supplier quality and reliability to shepherd our hardware designs from first prototypes to high volume, mass production.
If you're interested in building cutting edge hardware to enable the future of transportation, then let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead and mentor a growing team of 6+ engineers in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Create and execute technical roadmaps for the team while promoting (and living) a healthy and collaborative team culture based on Cruise values
- Work with Technical Program Managers and Design Engineers to plan and support development, track timelines, and ensure projects are properly resourced
- Manage interactions with suppliers and manufacturing partners to ensure we root cause/correct hardware issues are produce quality hardware on time
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues and implement automation where possible
- Serve as an embodiment of Cruise values
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS in engineering or equivalent experience
- 15+ years in engineering preferably in electronics or mechatronics
- 5+ years of direct management experience with a proven record of building high-performing teams
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Manufacturing experience in a high volume environment
- Proven track record landing complex projects on time
- Experience managing outside manufacturing partners
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing line setup and test
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Solidworks knowledge
- Python or other scripting
- Automotive experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.