We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the role:
The Employee Endpoints team at Cruise is responsible for managing our fleet of devices used by fellow Cruisers. The focus is on ensuring we provide the best user experience across all platforms while maintaining the highest standards for Security.
You will be responsible for hiring & developing team members, defining project requirements, owning the project plan/schedule/budget, driving deliverables, and managing multiple projects with moderate to high levels of business or technical complexity and risk. You will be accountable to ensure project commitments and deliverables are met and will interact daily with your team, management, cross-functional business teams, and testing teams to ensure the smooth delivery of the deliverables.
- Manage a team of engineers building a cutting edge device management platform
- Responsible for growing and developing a team
- Work with team leads to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Follow security best practices and work with our security team to implement policies
- Manage large projects with multiple dependencies and timelines
- Own projects from requirements gathering to completion
- Participate in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members.
- Work with Infrastructure, Security and other teams to drive better security practices across our applications and implement solutions to increase productivity for IT and end users
- 6+ years in a hands-on technical environment supporting endpoints in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years managing a team
- Experienced with managing MacOS, Windows, Chrome and MDM
- Experience with JAMF, Airwatch, SCCM and Chef preferred
- The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, handle and complete multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless user experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering
- Genuine passion for IT solutions with an unbounded desire to learn.
- For this role, you'll need to be highly collaborative and customer support focused.
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience
- Experience managing Ubuntu linux servers and/or desktops
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.