We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Employee Endpoints team at Cruise is responsible for managing our fleet of devices used by fellow Cruisers. The focus is on ensuring we provide the best user experience across all platforms while maintaining the highest standards for Security.
You will be responsible for hiring & developing team members, defining project requirements, owning the project plan/schedule/budget, driving deliverables, and managing multiple projects with moderate to high levels of business or technical complexity and risk. You will be accountable to ensure project commitments and deliverables are met and will interact daily with your team, management, cross-functional business teams, and testing teams to ensure the smooth delivery of the deliverables.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage a team of engineers building a cutting edge device management platform
- Responsible for growing and developing a team
- Work with team leads to set the technical direction for the team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Follow security best practices and work with our security team to implement policies
- Manage large projects with multiple dependencies and timelines
- Own projects from requirements gathering to completion
- Participate in on-boarding, training and mentoring team members.
- Work with Infrastructure, Security and other teams to drive better security practices across our applications and implement solutions to increase productivity for IT and end users
What you must have:
- 6+ years in a hands-on technical environment supporting endpoints in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years managing a team
- Experienced with managing MacOS, Windows, Chrome and MDM
- Experience with JAMF, Airwatch, SCCM and Chef preferred
- The ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, handle and complete multiple projects effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Empathy for end users, passion for frictionless user experiences, and a pulse for the future of client engineering
- Genuine passion for IT solutions with an unbounded desire to learn.
- For this role, you'll need to be highly collaborative and customer support focused.
- Mergers & Acquisitions experience
- Experience managing Ubuntu linux servers and/or desktops
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.