We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
As a member of Cruise’s Machine Learning Accelerators (MLA) Team, you will help build the foundation for developing, deploying and maintaining a high-performance and reliable Autonomous Vehicle software on novel hardware architectures and innovative system environments. Specifically, you will collaborate with other engineers to build systems, frameworks/libraries and automated processes to understand and solve performance critical issues, in a real-time safety-critical system.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and optimize high-performance software for unique hardware systems and heterogeneous architectures
- Analyze software architecture and help engineering teams convert algorithmic bottlenecks into specific software optimizations
- Analyze software architecture and develop prototypes towards future platforms
- Design, develop and productionize tools and methods for debugging and improving performance of different AV software components
- Collaborate with other engineering teams, to diagnose performance bottlenecks and build more efficient, reliable, and scalable software stack
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Strong system fundamentals and coding abilities (C++)
- Solid background in working with compute accelerators (e.g. GPUs) and languages (e.g. CUDA, OpenCL) or experience with parallel programming
- Strong background in computer architecture
- Experience working with complex systems and pipelines
- Experience with performance tools (e.g. perf, vtune)
- Solid understanding of how to design performance-critical software
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- MS or PhD in CS, or related technical field
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with real-time operating systems or software design
- Experience with designing software applications for safety critical systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.