Manager, Product Operations
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Global Markets Organization within Cruise:
The Global Markets team is responsible for safely running world-class operations for Cruise's fleets of autonomous vehicles. Our cross-functional team is composed of operators, engineers, business analysts, program managers, and safety leaders across multiple cities. From driving operating cost savings before our vehicles even hit the factory, to managing the complexities of daily AV operations in order to delight our customers - and everything in between - Global Markets oversees all operations needed to execute our technical and business objectives. Want to help us change the way transportation - and the world - operates? Join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Operations Manager to bridge the gap between engineering output and operational needs. This is a highly cross-functional role responsible for ensuring smooth internal product roll outs and owning the documentation and analytics that come along with. You will lead high impact projects and leverage deep understanding of operational efficiency and user needs to support and shape our 24/7 fleet operations, vehicular assistance, and customer teams positioned around the globe.
- Managing a local team of Product Operations team members, help shape the scope and vision for the team
- Identify product needs based on Customer or Customer Support feedback or business needs, work with Product and Engineering teams to prioritize solutions in pipeline
- Constantly evaluate operational shortcomings that can be improved with product
- Work with engineering and product teams to develop and maintain operational tooling
- Coordinate all product launches, beta releases, and patches for several large and geographically dispersed operating teams
- Manage bug and critical issue triage process, including individual prioritization and coordination with engineering and product teams for scheduling fixes
- Own product metrics and operating dashboards
- Maintain source of truth technical and feature documentation
- Use data & analysis to monitor, track, and evaluate KPIs for different teams across different tools; proactively propose and champion process, tooling, or documentation / training improvements
- Build close relationships with multiple engineering teams responsible for delivering products for the different operating teams you support
- Work with a large workforce and possibly third-party vendors on both day-to-day operations and high-level planning and improvements
- Set expectations for project timing with stakeholder interest at play
- Drive miscellaneous projects as needed
- Strategize on short and long-term department goals, including utilization targets and resource needs
- Role will be located in San Francisco and will require occasional travel
- Experience in product operations, operations management, or equivalent consultant experience
- Proficient in SQL
- Experience working on large scale in-house tooling used by human operators
- Proven track record of managing multiple aspects of successful software launches and ongoing maintenance
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Data analysis experience with a basic understanding of relational databases
- Excitement for autonomous vehicle technology, and a desire to make it a reality
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.