We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Design organization:
The Design team is a passionate, multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists that drive the experience of Cruise’s self-driving car service. We’re solving the challenge of introducing emerging self-driving technology to people’s everyday routines. With the support of General Motors, our team creates a holistic, end-to-end experience of our self-driving ride-sharing platform, from consistent brand presence to designing the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. We’re building a team of individuals who will help us thoughtfully craft every touchpoint a rider will have with our vehicles.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a seasoned and inspiring design leader to join the Design Team at a pivotal moment for Cruise. Ideal candidates have an eye for exceptional craftsmanship, strong strategic thinking & product development experience, and are great cross-functional partners. You are passionate about the opportunity to define how the world will live with autonomous vehicles. You will shape the strategy, guide the design, and set the bar for quality in our products. In this position, you will work closely with our Brand Design, UX Research, Marketing, Product Management, & Product Engineering teams. If you're interested in making an impact with us, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Envision the future
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define our autonomous vehicle ridesharing service
- Collaborate across disciplines to plan and manage the execution of our product roadmap
- Recruit, hire and mentor and amazing team of product designers
- Help build our design culture
- Work to create a design system that expresses our brand, speeds our development, and will be loved by broad communities of people
- Lead with qualitative insights and data to ensure we make informed product decisions
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years experience working in product design
- 4+ years people leadership experience
- A history of developing product vision and strategy and helping peers translate that into product roadmaps and experiences
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people (e.g. multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities)
- Skilled in both written and spoken communication with the ability to influence company decisions
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.