We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Our Design team is a passionate, multidisciplinary group of people who drive the experiences that will bring Cruise’s self-driving car service to life. If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of creating zero-emissions, self-driving cars, join us.
Cruise is looking for a seasoned and inspiring design leader to join Cruise Design to lead the area that’s most core to our self-driving technology. Ideal candidates have an eye for exceptional craftsmanship, have demonstrated having moved products from good to great in a complex problem space, and are great cross-functional partners. You are passionate about the opportunity to define how the world will live with autonomous vehicles and about helping engineers solve the technical challenge of our generation. You will shape the strategy, guide the design, and set the bar for quality in our products. In this position, you will work closely with our UX Research, Product Management, & Product Engineering teams. If you're interested in making an impact with us, let's chat!
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define the tools that accelerate bringing autonomous vehicles to the market
- Collaborate across disciplines to plan and manage the execution of our product roadmap
- Recruit, hire and mentor and amazing team of product designers
- Help build our design culture
- Champion and expand a design system that expresses our brand, speeds our development, and sets the standard for the AV industry
- Lead with qualitative insights and data to ensure we make informed product decisions
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute wherever needed
What you must have:
- 8+ years experience working in product design
- 3+ years people leadership experience
- A history of developing product vision and strategy and helping peers translate that into product roadmaps and experiences
- Skilled in both written and spoken communication with the ability to influence company decisions
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
The Design team is a passionate, multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists that drive the experience of Cruise’s self-driving car service. We’re solving the challenge of introducing emerging self-driving technology to people’s everyday routines. With the support of General Motors, our team creates a holistic, end-to-end experience of our self-driving ride-sharing platform, from consistent brand presence to designing the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. We’re building a team of individuals who will help us thoughtfully craft every touchpoint a rider will have with our vehicles