We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for embedded systems on a very high visibility critical path project. This engineering’s day to day would be to write native code that will live on our multi carrier telematics module which enables LTE communication from the AV to the outside world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking. Join us, and you’ll help design something amazing for our customers that they’ve never before imagined.
- You will analyze system requirements and implement at the link level, physical layer, and application level based on wireless standards and product requirements.
- You will actively work on writing low latency, high throughput code to enable direct video communication between the AV and the Cruise back office.
- You will be writing code and designing algorithms for packet prioritization.
- You will have a genuine interest in embedded software development.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience in embedded systems.
- Solid expertise in C & C++ and demonstrated experience in low level network programming.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and packet level network programming.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces.
- Strategic planning and testing across multiple divisions, teams, and products.
- Unix/Linux kernel development experience.
- Debug system level issue in C++ and hardware components in the areas of networking performance, wireless coexistence and RF performance.
- Experience architecting and developing frameworks from scratch.
- Understanding of wireless protocols.
- Experience with video codecs like MPEG2/4, H264/AVC, HEVC, etc. is a plus.
- Knowledge of WebRTC is a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.