We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Product Operations Team:
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. Our products include massive annotated datasets for machine learning and high-definition maps to guide our cars as they navigate the world. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
About the role:
We are looking for a Senior Specialist on the AV Performance team that accelerates the impact of our ops-dependent products and advances our AV technology. This role will build a holistic view of the challenges and opportunities across our global operations and product suite, develop and drive technical product and operational solutions, and build organizational excellence in data driven experimentation and rapid iteration.
- Lead the strategic execution of new cross-functional initiatives
- Be the voice of ProdOps to Product & Eng - clarify and prioritize product gaps; drive tooling improvements & best practices
- Identify and prioritize technical and operational initiatives that drive impact and/or efficiency; generate cross-functional buy-in on implementing top ideas
- Scope and execute analyses and experiments that inform product direction and answer strategic, cross-cutting questions
- Build operational capabilities that dramatically increase our rate of feedback and iteration on new features, processes, and products
- Craft and present both updates to Cruise leadership that showcase the impact of our work
- 5+ years of work experience, including in consulting, finance, or business operations, or tech startups
- Experience developing sophisticated, innovative strategies for navigating a complex and nascent industry
- Proficiency in crafting and presenting executive-level communications on high-impact, contentious decisions
- Track-record of using analytical thinking to pose data-driven questions, provide insightful analysis, and define and improving KPIs for continuous program improvement
- Proficiency in influencing without authority and building consensus across diverse stakeholders for new ideas
- MBA or technical graduate degree is a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.