We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Product Operations team:
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
About the role:
Within Product Operations, the Maps team creates ultra-precise, high-definition maps to guide our cars as they navigate the world. The Map Quality lead will be responsible for ensuring our maps are industry-leading in accuracy, precision, and freshness. This role is ideal for an operations expert that is experienced in leading onshore or offshore teams and in improving complex and evolving processes.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Identify, prioritize, and execute technical and operational initiatives that drive impact in your product domain
- Lead a team to scope and execute analyses and experiments that inform product direction and answer strategic, cross-cutting questions
- Be the voice of ProdOps to Product & Eng - clarify and prioritize product gaps; champion cross-functional strategies to advance Maps at Cruise
- Build team capabilities that dramatically increase our rate of iteration and learning on new features, processes, and products
- Craft and present both recurring and one-off updates to Cruise leadership
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You have experience developing sophisticated, innovative strategies for navigating a complex and nascent industry
- You’re an analytical thinker - can break down problems, dig into data, and develop rigorous and quantitative arguments to inform decision-making
- You have deep experience using SQL, Excel, Looker, Python, and/or other data analysis tools and are comfortable manipulating large, complex, and messy datasets
- You’re an excellent writer and verbal communicator who can navigate complex organizations and collaborate with diverse stakeholders on new and ambiguous projects
- You have 5+ years of product management, consulting, business operations, or analytics experience