We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Product Operations applies human intelligence to some of the toughest problems at Cruise. We work closely with cross-functional teams across Engineering, Product Management, and Business to create and iterate on products that move our business forward. We have a large, globally distributed workforce and are integral to Cruise’s technology development.
Within Product Operations, the Maps team creates ultra-precise, high-definition maps to guide our cars as they navigate the world. The Map Quality lead will be responsible for ensuring our maps are industry-leading in accuracy, precision, and freshness. This role is ideal for an operations expert that is experienced in leading onshore or offshore teams and in improving complex and evolving processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify, prioritize, and execute technical and operational initiatives that drive impact in your product domain
- Lead a team to scope and execute analyses and experiments that inform product direction and answer strategic, cross-cutting questions
- Be the voice of ProdOps to Product & Eng - clarify and prioritize product gaps; champion cross-functional strategies to advance Maps at Cruise
- Build team capabilities that dramatically increase our rate of iteration and learning on new features, processes, and products
- Craft and present both recurring and one-off updates to Cruise leadership
What you must have:
- You have experience developing sophisticated, innovative strategies for navigating a complex and nascent industry
- You’re an analytical thinker - can break down problems, dig into data, and develop rigorous and quantitative arguments to inform decision-making
- You have deep experience using SQL, Excel, Looker, Python, and/or other data analysis tools and are comfortable manipulating large, complex, and messy datasets
- You’re an excellent writer and verbal communicator who can navigate complex organizations and collaborate with diverse stakeholders on new and ambiguous projects
- You have 5+ years of product management, consulting, business operations, or analytics experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.