We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
In the midst of a complex regulatory environment where the one constant is change, the Legal team is charged with guiding Cruise as it navigates novel legal issues and risk considerations to help Cruise unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you will have a big impact on high-stakes decisions. Our team works with technical, development, and business teams to solve some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation and pave the way for launch.
Cruise’s Legal team is looking for a highly motivated team player to serve as a Legal Admin. As our business’s needs expand, our small (but growing!) team wants to build something truly unique: an in-house team that meaningfully leverages cutting-edge technology and sound management principles. We want to collaborate easily, never recreate the wheel, and be champions of integrity throughout our company.
We are looking for an extremely organized detail-oriented team player. This role will report to and support our Legal and Government Affairs Operations Manager and will partner with the legal practice groups.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Support multiple teams within the Cruise Legal Department, including Regulatory, Corporate & Transactions.
- Administer iManage, G-Suite, or similar third party contract archive systems, and manage role based provisioning access to signed contracts.
- Upload signed contracts to archive system, and track various contract provisions and meta data, such as renewal dates.
- Retrieve contracts upon request and communicate information about contracts to internal stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to improve contract life-cycle management processes and devise plans to implement these changes.
- Review and negotiate non-disclosure agreements in collaboration with in-house attorneys and paralegals.
- Manage the physical and e-filing process related to Autonomous Vehicle operations, including accident reporting, vehicle registration, and vehicle decommissioning.
- Data entry and organization of physical and cloud-based files.
- Follow and suggest improvements to file naming conventions and folder taxonomies.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion.
- Other general support functions, including printing and binder preparation.
- Follow confidentiality and Company policies to safeguard data and information.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent, associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years relevant working experience.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Eager to solve problems and take on responsibility.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent understanding of G-Suite, Microsoft Office productivity apps, office equipment and computer equipment.
- Good understanding of data entry spreadsheet formatting.
- Team oriented approach to communication and problem-solving.
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another.
- Previous work for a law firm or in-house law department.
- Experience with document management platforms (like NetDocuments or iManage) and/or enterprise level EDiscovery platforms like Exterro.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.