We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
You will leverage deep understanding of user needs to help define, design and build products that are in line with Cruise’s mission and strategy. You will play a key role in designing, building and implementing technological solutions that enables Cruise engineers to contribute to Cruise's overall security posture and solve complex security problems. You must be a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being able to change direction quickly, and showing an eagerness to learn and introduce new technologies as the need arises.
We are hiring in all locations.
What you'll be doing:
- Building tools and services that positively impact the security and productivity of the organization
- Continuously assessing and identifying areas of the Cruise technology stack that can be strengthened by your work
- Being considered as one of the technical leaders of the department who guides architecture and major design decisions
- Maintaining and building interdisciplinary skills through research, experimentation, and exploration
What you must have:
- You've operated and have an in-depth understanding of cloud and on-premises infrastructure platforms.
- You prefer to iterate and improve rather than build the initial perfect product
- You’ve not only worked on a highly functional security team, but at a highly functional security organization
- You have a history of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- Experience building large, scalable software systems in at least one of Go, Python, or Node.js
- You have experience working with data at scale and real time processing. (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
- Exceptional coding abilities, architecture, debugging, and performance/diagnostics measurement skills
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Passion for self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- Experience working with modern development and deployment workflows (containerization, orchestration of, etc.)
- Experience building modern frontend systems using modern frameworks
- Experience scaling back-end systems
- Experience writing modern C++ applications
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.